Ase - Power to compel Nature
t***@fastermail.com
2005-05-28 00:31:46 UTC
Build Your ASE

ASE is a Yoruba word meaning command, power, and authority -
Depending on the context it's being used. Ability to make whatever
statement you make come to pass or happen. You can also call it the
ability to compel nature to bend to your will (nature; Animate &
Inanimate objects)

This type of ASE could be Either God given (born with) or Acquired. The
acquired one could further be divided into the following.

1. Physically Prepared (Herbs & Formulas)
2. Passed on (Psychically, through touch, swallowing of Objects, a
gaze, or other methods)
3. Developed through austerities, observances of fasts and penance.
4. Regular practice of a particular process or routine (like regular
worship of one's Orisha, Chanting a sacred name, or regular
performance of a potent ritual).

Our major focus is going to be on the physically prepared ase.

Generally speaking ASE could be in the form of the spoken word, the
nature of an object (eg. the poison of a snake is its ASE and its
nature to sting), aura that an entity posses or anything peculiar to a
certain character. Herein I focus solely on the spoken word & how it is
developed the African way, through the Yoruba mystical system or
practice.

Based on my definition of ASE I will state the major charms that
represent ASE, its process of preparation, how they work and their
degree of potency.

We have the:
1. Mayehun
2. Afose
3. Gbetugbetu
4. Olugbohun

Mayehun; Means Refuse me not - It is used when you want a person to
grant your request, it could be used in wooing a lady, request for
money from a neighbor, a tight fisted friend or a wealthy man. Note it
must be in a polite manner. There is a simple incantation that goes
with some Mayehun formulas.

In Yoruba Language; Orun Lo ngba towo omode
Orun Lo ngba towo agba

Translation: Sleep takes from the young
Sleep takes from the old
Part of the preparation goes thus. You put a cowry in each hand when
going to sleep . The following morning it would have dropped from your
hands. Pick them up and pound them with the remaining herbs.

Afose; This is usually prepared with black soap and put inside an
animal horn; it could be a Ram's, Cow's, Antelope etc. Afose means
speak and come to pass or speak and happen. This is a quite advanced
form of ASE. There are various formulas and some are quite powerful.
However note that it is not a general rule that all Afose be mixed in
Black soap and kept in horns.
Whatever is spoken might happen immediately or later in future
depending on the potency of the charm or the nature of issue the ASE is
addressing. Our forefathers possessed some Afoses that they used to
control nature elements like rain, fire etc. I personally had one that
I used to stop a car from starting; I have personally seen one that was
used to dry up a very big tree in three days. The tree was cursed with
that Afose. With the Afose you could place a curse (Epe) on any object.
A chameleon is usually one of the ingredients that plays a prominent
role in its preparation, at times the head of a black cobra is used
too.

Gbetugbetu; This is more of a hypnotizing charm. The person under the
spell doesn't really know what he is doing. I don't really know the
meaning of Gbetugbetu but I know what it does. It is used in compelling
people to do the most impossible things. Things they would naturally
not do or refuse to do. It is somewhat difficult to prepare but there
are some simple formulas too, however they also vary in degree of
potency. The powerful ones that I know has in it as part of its
ingredients the rope that a man hanged himself with. To Illustrate its
power I would narrate an incident that happened which was manipulated
by the use of Gbetugbetu. A friend once used it to call a stubborn but
pretty lady into his room (Normally she would have shunned him right
off). When she got inside he commanded her to strip, which she
instantly did, but he didn't touch her. 3 days later the girl came to
her senses, he confronted my friend and an argument broke out. It was
settled but after that incident the girl avoided my friend from then
onwards.
Moral of story - You don't play such jokes 'cos you've got the
power.
Our forefathers used it when they were attacked by a gang of thieves;
they just commanded them to fight or hand over their weapons.

Olugbohun; The sound picker. It is believed to be a powerful spirit,
that picks whatever is said and makes it happen, if not immediately
very soon. (Even if u mistakenly curse your children out of
frustration). Now this is not a genie that will drop things physically
in front of you, like food, wine and a flying carpet. However it will
create a situation that will cause your request to be meet. It is not
kept in the house but far away in the bush and its consulted only once
in a while. It is very powerful, and can be used in the arts and
practice of black magic, if the owner is a bad person.

This mini write up is to educate people on Africa & the Yoruba race in
particular, the power that is inherent in their charms and what obtains
in the society vis -a -vis makumba, voodoo, babalawo, ologun or
whatever you will call it. In this write up I have discussed the ASE
and its external preparation. I must state here that it can be
internalized so you do not carry any charm with you or need to go to a
corner of your room to use your charms. I will divulge a bit of that in
a minute. This is not a comprehensive work or a professional work but a
concise work from a student of the arts, seeking knowledge but also
ready to share what he has. There are a lot of things I have left
unsaid and skipped here because it would take a whole book to do
justice to the topic.

There is a simple formula that we might use to enhance our ASE
internally, so that every spoken word of ours' backed with hard
concentration comes to pass. Obi olojumerin - 4 pieces kola nut, or
kola nut that can be divided into 4 parts take a bite, Orogbo - bitter
kola, take a bite, Efun - Lime chalk, take a bite chew with a sip of
dry gin, every morning. I do not know the names of leaves in English &
I do not know if you'll have them in your country so am in a fix.
Truth if practised is believed to develop man's ASE. A man that has
adhered to truth all his life, avoided the use of obscene words,
doesn't swear and talks only when necessary.is bound to have ASE on
his tongue. His very speech is said to be ordained by God. The Odu Ifa
Osatura talks about truth. The regular chanting of the verse coupled
with a certain ritual strenghtens ones ASE.

If you'll need any more enlightenment on the topic or any other form
of clarification relating to Yoruba charms you can contact me through
my email address.

I intend to post a write up on Onmo (Clairvoyance) and how it can be
developed with herbs and magical preparations.

Name: Dennis Akomeah
Email: ***@yahoo.co.uk
catherine yronwode
2005-05-28 14:08:34 UTC
Post by t***@fastermail.com
[...]
Thanks for a very interesting post.

cat yronwode
i***@gmail.com
Aboru aboye Baba Dennis, I look forward to making your acquintance. I hope you recieve this because I am very interested in your work on Imule. thank you. Olori Esutola Ajewole - ***@gmail.com
a***@gmail.com
2018-12-12 07:48:09 UTC
Pls...I Dnt know which one you can help me with..I was duped of 75k on a phone purchase..have cried begged the person to refund even if its little..all to no avail..what can you guys help me with
a***@gmail.com
2019-02-06 12:22:16 UTC
Pls how can I make a simple mayehun and the ingredients needed for it...
r***@gmail.com
2019-03-22 10:33:13 UTC
Good afternoon sir, pls how can I get afose tabi olugbohun todaju
m***@gmail.com
2019-03-23 12:18:09 UTC
I need one as well, how far
o***@gmail.com
2020-03-28 09:18:12 UTC
Please, i need a sure mayehun charm
o***@gmail.com
2020-03-28 09:24:35 UTC
I want to ask money from someone on chat
l***@gmail.com
2020-07-22 10:27:28 UTC
Me too I need am